Monday, January 4, 2010

Taco Soup Recipe

My Friends stopped by last night as I was putting dinner on the stove. Now that church for us gets out at 5:30pm, we need some really quick or crock pot recipes for Sunday dinners. Last night I made taco soup which is about as easy as it gets. Here's how:

Brown 1 lb of hamburger and a chopped onion in a big pot. Sprinkle in a tablespoon or packet of taco seasoning. While the meat is browning, open one can each or corn, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, black beans and hominy (hominy is optional. My husband likes it, but I think it tastes like little kitchen sponges and the cans are always too big and add too much to my soup).  Add the cans' contents, including the soup can full of water, to the pot. Heat and serve with sour cream, grated cheese, and tortilla chips.

If your burger is defrosted this should only take 15 minutes or so. If you brown your burger and add the taco seasoning in the morning before church, all you have to do when you walk in the door is open 4 cans,  pour, and heat.

1 comment:

Amy J. said...

This is my families favorite. We have eaten it for years and just a month ago someone made it for me with chicken that they had thrown in the crockpot! It was really good and a nice twist.

I love love love love love my new ring...doin the ring dance....

Related Posts with Thumbnails