Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Windows Live Writer

Holy cow, this thing is amazing! I’m just giddy over this program. I was at a speed scrap at Stuff to Scrap tonight. Someone was complaining about blogger’s new post editor and a gal there was telling us about Live Writer. It is a downloadable program from Windows where you can make your blog posts in for any blog (wordpress, blogger, etc.) and it will post for you. In playing around with this the whole 30 minutes I have had it downloaded, I LOVE IT. Just the ease of putting pictures in alone makes it worth using. I’m so glad that I can now spell check, link photos, make them look all fancy like, and even resize them right here in the live writer, without having to mess with blogger at all. I thought I loved blogger. I didn’t know how bad it was until I got my hands on this baby. And now, just because I can, a gratuitous photo:100_1655 Okay, see that? I could not do that right in blogger. The old way would have looked like this:100_1655Wow. just. wow.  I don’t know how I lived without this handy dandy gadget before! Yay for knowledge!

The honeymoom was almost over when it came time to publish this rave review and I got an error message, but I figured out the hiccup in the program. All I needed to do to remedy this situation was go to my Picasa and add an album entitled "Windows Live Writer" and I was set. Phew. Crisis averted.

By the way, please don’t ruin this for me. Just let me think I “discovered” this new and wonderful thing, even though I am pretty sure it has been around for a while.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails