Saturday, July 30, 2011

I lost my mojo – have you seen it?

When my husband got back from deployment, I had tons of mojo! Maybe a little too much, because this happened.

A little reunion bean. How lovely.  We were open, but not planning on more children for another little while, but that’s okay. It was actually perfect timing because all summer long, I have been laying on the couch, curled up in the fetal position thinking about what won’t make me more nauseous than I already constantly was, and taking intermittent naps throughout the day hoping that my children would not severely injure themselves while I did so (good news, we all made it out of the first trimester alive). I sloughed off my homeschooling, blogging, designing, and housekeeping duties. Oh, did you think I was just gone on vacation for the summer? Don’t I wish.

But never fear. The first trimester as of today is now OVER (and the choirs of angles sing) and I can already feel my energy returning and nausea waning. We are even starting The Totally Awesome Totally Fun Homeschool back up again on Monday. But my design mojo…it’s still missing. I open photoshop and just stare at it. Think of it as a scrap designers version of writers block. I keep flipping over to Pinterest and hoping that I will have some aha! moment, but I just keep seeing pictures of every kind of brownie imaginable and I get distracted. Oh, maybe I could make a brownie kit...no, stop it, Paula.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble about the really really uneventful start to my pregnancy. I can’t promise that I won’t fall off the face of the earth again (I can promise that for February) but I am feeling better, and that’s all, folks.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yep, that mojo will get you every time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails