Monday, September 14, 2009

getting organized

One part for me about getting organized is scheduling my time. I've gone through a ton of different kinds of to-do lists, and somehow I NEVER get everything done. I found one recently that I've been using since right before school started and it is working amazingly. It's a free printable from thehouseholdplanner.com . It helps me not spread myself too thin and make realistic goals for the day. I sit down with my clipboard (they make me feel so official and productive) every night and double check that I have accomplished the things I needed to, and move what was not as pressing and didn't get done to a different day that isn't as full. I feel so much more at peace now that I have not been wasting as much time trying to figure out what to do next. The planner also keeps me focused on good activities instead of those that suck time and brain power. Don't we all feel better when we make and reach goals? I make little goals so that I can see progress quickly. I'm not too good at long-term goals. As a matter of fact, I just finished a quilt for my in-laws. My SIL's and I started it a year and a half ago. Totally sad.
I've been thinking more and more about what I need to do to get my craft room organized. Or rather, the three rooms that I have my stuff in. My husband and I dearly want to move to a larger house. I know the floor plan that I like, and if I had my way, my new room would be laid out like this:A place to create, blog, do homework for the kids, read a book, and take pictures of my products. Right now I have a corner of the laundry room and a nook in the living room. I hijack the dining room on a daily basis.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails