Saturday, December 19, 2009

6 days until Christmas

I have cookies on the brain. Maybe I haven't eaten enough yet. Actually, since this is a scheduled post, I probably have had my fill by now since our church Christmas party was last night (or Friday night. Whatever). So today I have a cookie recipe for you.

This is my most favoritest cookie recipe in the whole wide world. I love it because it only takes 3 ingredients, it's easy to memorize and it is so versatile.


Cake Mix Cookies
1 cake mix
1/2 cup veggie oil
2 eggs

Mix all together. Make small balls (I like to use a rounded tablespoon that I have or a small ice cream scoop). Bake at 350 for 9 minutes, or until you see cracks in the cookies. Makes 2 dozen.

Okay. Here is the fun part. You can do SO MUCH with this recipe. I have made oreos with a devils food mix and vanilla frosting. I have placed andes mints on each one right as they come out of the oven and let them melt for a grashopper cookie (this is hubby's favorite). I have used a yellow cake mix and put in chocolate chips and nuts. I have made strawberry oreos (they were WAY too sweet). My sister-in-law sticks hers in vanilla mousse and chocolate syrup and eats them with a spoon.  I have made this recipe, flattened it into the bottom of a pie pan, baked it, let it cool, and heaped chocolate chip mint ice cream in it for an ice cream pie. Iv'e broken pieces up for a trifle with whipped cream and berries. I've made them with peanut butter chips and with reeces pieces. If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them! Maybe rolling the balls in crushed candy canes on right before baking?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails