Monday, March 15, 2010

Time to start on the garden!

For half the country, it seems this winter has been the coldest ever. For the other half (my half) it's been the warmest yet. Even though my ground has been ready for seeds for some time, I don't want to jinx it and lose all my seedlings if the frost does stick around until our last frost date, April 30. I'm keeping my schedule for zone 7A. We have all our seeds started in the house now, ahead of schedule for most, but late for others.
 You can find the schedule for your zone here. I love this. It spells out all you have to do for each week. If you are square foot gardening like me, this will tell you how many of each plant will go into each square. I'm really debating breaking my raised beds into mini-rows this year. Any thoughts? I'd love to hear what works for you.
My family was outside today hard at work ripping up weeds, topping off the beds, and raking it flat. It was a joy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails